I was first introduced to and fell in love with physical therapy through my volunteering experiences where I was exposed to the fruitful interactions of helping people improve how they feel and move. This motivation was fine-tuned through schooling for my doctorate at the USC Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, in conjunction with advice from many mentors in the field along the way. Assisting people eliminating their pain while improving their functional capabilities has developed into a career I will enjoy for the rest of my life.
My friendly, yet professional demeanor allows me to readily relate to patients. This is especially crucial in order to build trusting patient-therapist relationships. People are very observant of their therapists and truly appreciate dedication and kindness. My sincerity allows me to connect with patients and convey my desire to improve their quality of life.
Specialty: Physical Therapy
Degrees Held: Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of Southern California and BA, University of Hawaii
Years Practicing: 5
Whether it is a frail elder or a professional athlete, therapy that optimizes movement mechanics gives the greatest benefits. Immediate improvements are possible with every session. This allows the elderly to regain capabilities they thought were no longer possible, athletes to gain competitive edges, and everyone in between to gain the physical capabilities to live their lives to the fullest.
- Injury prevention
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Functionality/mobility limitations
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Fall risk/imbalance
- Therapeutic activities: Restoring normal should allow for immediate and significant improvements. Through manual facilitation, patients should gain meaningful changes that make therapy worthwhile. At Prime PT therapeutic activities are a key means of achieving optimal functionality and preventative therapy.
- Neuromuscular re-education: Muscles moving inefficiently and or incorrectly is often a major contributing factor to pain and problems. Neuromuscular re-education allows reversing of these deficits.
- Strapping: Joint and muscle support similar to manual facilitation allows for improved mechanics even after leaving the clinic. Correcting faulty movement mechanics is a complex process, but strapping accelerates this road to improvement.
Address:600 Queen St. Ste C2 Honolulu, HI 96813
Phone: (808) 286-0194
Fax: (808) 486-0194
Office Website: www.primepthawaii.com