Summary of Services:
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
Kanani M. Makaimoku is a licensed attorney who was admitted to practice before all Hawaii state courts and the United States District Court for the district of Hawaii in 2005. Following law school Kanani worked for a year at a small family law firm. In 2006 she joined the Domestic Violence Action Center as a Staff Attorney. She was later promoted to Managing Attorney, where she oversaw staff while maintaining a caseload of divorce, paternity and temporary restraining order cases. While employed at the Domestic Violence Action Center, Kanani developed a passion for working with survivors of domestic violence and other marginalized populations. Her desire to assist the traditionally underserved led her to devote her time as a volunteer to Volunteer Legal Services Hawaii (“VLSH”) and the Mediation Center of the Pacific.
Since 2013, Kanani has worked at the estate planning law firm of Sterling & Tucker, which was founded in 1991 by attorneys Judith Sterling and Michelle Tucker. Kanani has continued the law firm’s tradition of providing top notch estate planning and trust administration advice to clients in Honolulu and Hilo. She is a frequent presenter at the firm’s educational seminars held on Oahu, the Big Island and Maui. In 2017 she became a Partner in the law firm, which solidified her intention to continue to provide excellent advice and support to Sterling & Tucker clients for years to come. In her spare time Kanani enjoys spending quality time with her husband and two young sons, reading good books, watching interesting movies, and indulging in great wine.
- Licensed Attorney in the State of Hawaii since 2005
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations with a minor in Sociology, magna cum laude, Pepperdine University, Malibu, California
- Juris Doctorate, University of Hawaii William S. Richardson School of Law
- Monthly presenter of educational estate planning and trust seminars
- Member of the Hawaii State Bar Association, Probate and Estate Planning Section
- Former member of the Hawaii State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Former Managing Attorney at Domestic Violence Action Center
- Member of the Hawaii State Judiciary’s Access to Justice Commission, Pro Bono Committee
- Volunteer, Mediation Center of the Pacific
- Volunteer, Volunteer Legal Services Hawaii
- Member of the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys
- “Living Trust Can Benefit Those With Larger Estates,” Akamai Money, Honolulu Star-Advertiser, July 31, 2016
- [email protected]
- (808) 531-5391
- Sterling & Tucker, LLP
City Financial Tower
201 Merchant Street, Suite 950
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Kupunawiki.com is a resource that does not provide any direct services other than information and a list of service professionals. Kupunawiki.com, consultants or associates, are not experts in any of the fields relating to senior housing, finance, estate planning, health, or real estate.
Kupunawiki.com does not generate any revenue or referral fees from the contributors or those listed as service providers. Kupunawiki.com is not a real estate website although there is an affiliation with the following contributors: Brandon Lau (RB-19267), Andrew Leong (RB-21696), Bobby Kargula (RS-75234), Nancy Katayama (RB- 21804), who are licensed real estate agents with Locations LLC- 614 Kapahulu Ave. Honolulu, HI 96815. The information contained on Kupunawiki.com is intended for informational purposes. It should not substitute legal, accounting, investment, medical or other professional advice. Always seek a competent professional for answers to your specific questions.