CK Independent Living Builders
With over 30 years of construction experience and 17 years of caregiving experience, Licensed General Contractor and small business owner, Curt Kiriu first started his construction profession in 1987 and began CK Independent Living Builders in 2008. Curt is also a Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist and a Certified Graduate Remodeler who specializes in accessible design for all. His passion is being able to help people by giving them a choice to live a long healthy active lifestyle.
- 2019 – NAHB Master Instructor.
- 2018 – Qualified Remodeler Magazine’s NAHB Remodeler of the Month, June 2018.
- 2017 – Current – Served as an NAHB’s SME (Subject Matter Expert).
- 2017 – Served as an NAHB’s SME (Subject Matter Expert) on the revision of the CAPS I & II courses and the new CAPS III course., which made its debut in October 2017.
- 2016 – Current – Served as NAHB Chair and/or Vice-chair on 4 Committees and Subcommittees and member of 9 different Boards, Councils, Committees and Subcommittees.
- 2016 – Honored as 2016 NAHB Certified Aging-in Place Specialist Educator of the Year.
- 2016 – Honored by HPGS (Hawaii Pacific Gerontological Society) as the 2016 “Na Lima Kokua Ma Waena O Makua” (Helping Hands Across the Ages) award, Business category.
- 2015 – 2017 – Served as Chair for Housing Domain on the City & County of Honolulu Age Friendly Honolulu Committee, that brought ADUs to Honolulu.
- 2015 – BIA of Hawaii Renaissance Grand Award Winner in Kitchen Division (up to $75,000).
- 2014 – Honored as 2014 NAHB’s Certified Aging-in Place Specialist Designee of the Year.
- 2010 – 2012 – Nominated and served on the State of Hawaii Legislature’s HFLTF (Homes for Life Task Force.
- [email protected]
- (808) 258-8158
Kupunawiki.com is a resource that does not provide any direct services other than information and a list of service professionals. Kupunawiki.com, consultants or associates, are not experts in any of the fields relating to senior housing, finance, estate planning, health, or real estate.
Kupunawiki.com does not generate any revenue or referral fees from the contributors or those listed as service providers. Kupunawiki.com is not a real estate website although there is an affiliation with the following contributors: Brandon Lau (RB-19267) and Andrew Leong (RB-21696) who are licensed real estate partners with ChaneyBrooks Choice Advisors at 1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1015, Honolulu, HI 96814. The information contained on Kupunawiki.com is intended for informational purposes. It should not substitute legal, accounting, investment, medical or other professional advice. Always seek a competent professional for answers to your specific questions.