A career that he “fell into” Dr.K Albert Yazawa has dedicated over 20 years to medicine, focusing on the elderly and giving his time to servicing those in nursing homes. Alongside with serving our kupuna, he has also given 30 years to our country by actively serving in the US Army Reserves. Growing up closely with his grandparents and caring for his elderly parents has been a constant motivation for him to improve the quality of care for what traditionally has been an underserved population.
Education and Experience:
- Board certified in Family Medicine
- Certified medical director or nursing homes by the American Board of Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine
- Founded Hawai Chapter of the American Medical Directors Association – A Society for Post-Acute and Long Term Care Medicine
- Member of Hawaii Chapter, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Former Chief of Geriatrics of Straub Medical Center for 8 years
- Currently LTC Lead of HI-EMA during the COVID-response
- Command Surgeon for the 9th MSC, Army Reserves for the Pacific
- 846 S Hotel St suite 102, Honolulu, HI 96813
- Front office: (808) 532-6380
- Operator: (808) 522-4000
- Dr.Albert Yazawa MD, CMD
- Section lead for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine, Straub Medical Center
- Tel: (808) 532-3159
Kupunawiki.com is a resource that does not provide any direct services other than information and a list of service professionals. Kupunawiki.com, consultants or associates, are not experts in any of the fields relating to senior housing, finance, estate planning, health, or real estate.
Kupunawiki.com does not generate any revenue or referral fees from the contributors or those listed as service providers. Kupunawiki.com is not a real estate website although there is an affiliation with the following contributors: Brandon Lau (RB-19267) and Andrew Leong (RB-21696) who are licensed real estate partners with ChaneyBrooks Choice Advisors at 1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1015, Honolulu, HI 96814. The information contained on Kupunawiki.com is intended for informational purposes. It should not substitute legal, accounting, investment, medical or other professional advice. Always seek a competent professional for answers to your specific questions.
Straub Medical Center