Dr. Lee Buenconsejo-Lum, Family Physician & Teaching Professional
Dr.Lee Buenconsejo-Lum was born in Wahiawa General Hospital, where she would eventually also train and see patients as a doctor herself for the next 20 years. Buenconsejo-Lum chose to become a faculty at the medical school to train future doctors and family physicians to create a larger impact on the health of the community, by providing training services to physicians. Her dedicated service to the community has also allowed her to work closely with health leaders in the US Affiliated Pacific Island jurisdictions, which helps prevent, screen for, detect and treat cancer. In addition, she has helped develop the USAPI cancer registries, which helps their health system better understand who is getting affected by cancer and use that information to guide improvements to their health system. Presently, she is the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at JABSOM, overseeing all of the educational programs that lead one to become a physician and the programs to support faculty and practicing physicians once they complete their training.
Education and Experience:
- Board certified in Family Medicine
- Fellow of the American Academy of Family Medicine
- Full professor at JABSOM
- Principal Investigator of several CDC grants to help improve cancer control in the USAPI
- Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at JABSOM
- Family Medicine cares for patients of all ages, from pregnancy to the end of life. Family physicians are trained to care for the whole patient and work with them to help improve their health and well-being in the context of the patient’s background or circumstances.
- Listeners, if you do not have a primary care physician, please feel free to contact our medical school’s faculty practices in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine. Given the COVID-19 pandemic, our practices also offer visits by phone and telemedicine.
- Website: www.uhphawaii.org
- Dr.Lee Ellen Buenconsejo-Lum, MD, FAAFP
- Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Designated Institutional Official and GME Director
Professor of Family Medicine and Community Health
- Email: [email protected]
Kupunawiki.com is a resource that does not provide any direct services other than information and a list of service professionals. Kupunawiki.com, consultants or associates, are not experts in any of the fields relating to senior housing, finance, estate planning, health, or real estate.
Kupunawiki.com does not generate any revenue or referral fees from the contributors or those listed as service providers. Kupunawiki.com is not a real estate website although there is an affiliation with the following contributors: Brandon Lau (RB-19267) and Andrew Leong (RB-21696) who are licensed real estate partners with ChaneyBrooks Choice Advisors at 1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1015, Honolulu, HI 96814. The information contained on Kupunawiki.com is intended for informational purposes. It should not substitute legal, accounting, investment, medical or other professional advice. Always seek a competent professional for answers to your specific questions.