‘Ilima at Leihano
Mark Tsuda is currently the Executive Director for ‘Ilima at Leihano, a new senior living community in Kapolei, Hawaii that specializes in providing independent and assisted living as well as Memory Care. With a background in hospitality management and working in hotels in Hawaii, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Saipan, Japan, the Bahamas, Jamaica, & the US, moving from the hotel industry to senior living was seamless. Senior communities are people-centric and Mark enjoys working in a close-knit community of associates (employees) to create a home environment for ‘Ilima at Leihano’s resident’s & supporting their activities of daily living. Mark has been married for 35 years to a long-time private school teacher. He has two sons, a granddaughter, and lives in Kapolei.
- Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Hawaii School of Travel Industry Management
- Assisted Living Administrator Certification
- 2016 – Present: Board of Director with the Hawaii Strategic Development Corporation (State of Hawaii).
- 2016-Present: Member of the Kapolei Chamber of Commerce
- 2014-Present: Judge for HAIS Science & Engineering Fair
- 2011-Present: Debate Judge for Hawaii Speech League Tournament
- 2015-2016: Served a 2-year term on a Federal Grand Jury
- 2013-2016: Board of Governors for Hawaii Employers Council
- ‘Ilima at Leihano:
- Manage the license compliance and inspection process with the Department of Health for Assisted Living Facility License.
- Manage the warranty work with the General Contractor and Sub-Contractor.
- Recruitment, hiring, training the retention of associates.
- Rapport building with residences & their families & friends.
- Network development with Kapolei Chamber of Commerce, Rotary Club of Kapolei, Board of Realtors Association, Alzheimer’s Association, Healthcare Association of Hawaii, National Kidney Foundation, senior care referral agencies, etc..
- Opened brand-new spas in luxury resorts in Hawaii (Oahu, Maui, Big Island), Guam, Saipan, Fiji (Denarau), French Polynesia (Papeete, Moorea, Bora Bora), Jamaica (Montego Bay), Florida (Naples).
Kupunawiki.com is a resource that does not provide any direct services other than information and a list of service professionals. Kupunawiki.com, consultants or associates, are not experts in any of the fields relating to senior housing, finance, estate planning, health, or real estate.
Kupunawiki.com does not generate any revenue or referral fees from the contributors or those listed as service providers. Kupunawiki.com is not a real estate website although there is an affiliation with the following contributors: Brandon Lau (RB-19267) and Andrew Leong (RB-21696) who are licensed real estate partners with ChaneyBrooks Choice Advisors at 1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1015, Honolulu, HI 96814. The information contained on Kupunawiki.com is intended for informational purposes. It should not substitute legal, accounting, investment, medical or other professional advice. Always seek a competent professional for answers to your specific questions.