Kahala Nui is a life plan community featuring private apartment homes for independent living as well as their Hi’olani Care Center for assisted living, nursing, and memory support. Their community models the Life Care approach, providing their residents with a wellness-centered lifestyle that actively promotes intellectual, emotional, environmental, spiritual, and physical fitness throughout life.
Summary of Services:
- Social Accountability Program
- Outreach program – Spring to Wellness
- Partnered with five charitable organizations to support programs already in place that serve seniors
Kahala Nui Notable Achievements:
- 2019 Holleran Choice Community Award for resident engagement and satisfaction
- 2018 recipient of the Sliver – Commitment to Quality Award for dedication to improving the lives of residents through quality care.
- 2017 “Kūpuna Advocate of the Year” from Hawaii Meals on Wheels
- American Health Care Association (AHCA) 2017 Quality Initiative Recognition Program
- 2015 accredited by the Continuing Care Accreditation Commission/Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
President and CEO of Kāhala Nui since 2008, Pat Duarte spent 40 years in executive management with nonprofits, including the Polynesian Voyaging Society, Bishop Museum, Hawaii Dental Service, Straub Clinic & Hospital and the Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific. Most of his career has been spend in health-care administration and being the awareness in Hawaii, in providing care to our senior citizens. Pat has always felt that continuing-care retirement communities offer the best model for retirement living and life-care services.
His motivation is our kupuna, and not just Kāhala Nui residents. At the age of 82, the Hawaii life expectancy is longer than that of any other state, and some analysts predict that 30 percent of our population could be 65 or older by 2030. This concern is a motivation to Pat to ensure our kupuna are well cared for and able to live independently for as long as possible.
- (808) 218-7001
Kupunawiki.com is a resource that does not provide any direct services other than information and a list of service professionals. Kupunawiki.com, consultants or associates, are not experts in any of the fields relating to senior housing, finance, estate planning, health, or real estate.
Kupunawiki.com does not generate any revenue or referral fees from the contributors or those listed as service providers. Kupunawiki.com is not a real estate website although there is an affiliation with the following contributors: Brandon Lau (RB-19267) and Andrew Leong (RB-21696) who are licensed real estate partners with ChaneyBrooks Choice Advisors at 1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1015, Honolulu, HI 96814. The information contained on Kupunawiki.com is intended for informational purposes. It should not substitute legal, accounting, investment, medical or other professional advice. Always seek a competent professional for answers to your specific questions.