Tekawitha Iese, Senior Community Service Employment Program
Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
Summary of Services:The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) is a community service and work-based job training program for older Americans. Authorized by the Older Americans Act, the program provides training for low-income, unemployed seniors and provides direct access to employment assistance through the American Job Centers in the State.
The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP), is a national employment and training program funded by the U.S. Department of Labor. A $1,716,108 grant from the US Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration provided 90 percent of the funding for DLIR’s SCSEP programs in Program Year 2021. DLIR and its sub-projects provided the remaining 10 percent through in-kind contributions worth $171,611.
Tekawitha M. Iese is a program specialist with the State Department of Labor and Industrial Relation’s (DLIR) Workforce Development Division. She is the oversight and management of the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) and her roles are specific to the statewide SCSEP program planning, policy, procedure, and standards development, compliance and technical assistance. Tekawitha's beginning in public service began over 16 years ago when she worked 12 years in the non-profit sector providing services for low-income families and pre-grade school children. When the opportunity presented itself to work for DLIR, specifically as an employment service specialist, she applied and here she is today. A culmination of personally challenging experiences to become self-sufficient in Hawaii is what motivates her. Tekawitha has extensive experience in case management and community service. Other experiences are also program management and planning, management and supervision, and networking. Her educational background is in education, environmental science, and business. Her work experience is entrepreneurial, volunteer, non-profit, private and government. Tekawitha considers herself to be a jill of most trades, resources, and networks, which has helped her help others navigate resources, plan programs, and get the public/community the help they need.
- Tekawitha M. Iese, Program Specialist
- State of Hawaii Department of Labor and Industrial Relations
- Workforce Development Division
- Phone: (808) 586-8819
- Email: [email protected]
Kupunawiki.com is a resource that does not provide any direct services other than information and a list of service professionals. Kupunawiki.com, consultants or associates, are not experts in any of the fields relating to senior housing, finance, estate planning, health, or real estate.
Kupunawiki.com does not generate any revenue or referral fees from the contributors or those listed as service providers. Kupunawiki.com is not a real estate website although there is an affiliation with the following contributors: Brandon Lau (RB-19267) and Andrew Leong (RB-21696) who are licensed real estate partners with ChaneyBrooks Choice Advisors at 1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 1015, Honolulu, HI 96814. The information contained on Kupunawiki.com is intended for informational purposes. It should not substitute legal, accounting, investment, medical or other professional advice. Always seek a competent professional for answers to your specific questions.